Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Boys are Back in Town!

Our son is a freshman off at University for his first year. He came home Thursday for fall break and in came the boys!!! Our home has been the center for testosterone and sweat for the last 4 years. It has been rather quiet this fall but the boys made up for it this weekend. It was nice but they are now gone back to university and it is quiet again and that is nice too!!

I know in my last post I mentioned that I was going to opt out of Socktober Fest so that I can finish some Christmas gifts. Finish, how about start!! On Friday, I sat down to knit on the cable sweater for my nephew and realized I did not have my instructions at home. Soooooooo, I pulled out the Garden Partie sock and finished it. I blogged earlier about it's mate and then I lost my size 4 circular needles and had to wait for the replacements to be mailed. By the time they had arrived, I had moved on. This was a quick sock to knit and I enjoyed the pattern. The pattern is by Knitting at Knoon and I blogged about it earlier. Wow, I went back to find the post and realized that I started this sock way back in August!!! Anyway, this pattern is one that I will definitely use again as it is more of a recipe than a pattern. There are several stitch choices, toe and heel options. The interesting thing is the web support. There are links in the directions to tutorials and videos online demonstrating the various techniques.

Well, a WOOP finished and I was back to the cable sweater for my nephew. NOT!!! There was a package by my chair when I sat down to knit last night that I opened first. I had ordered a sock kit from Red Bird Knits in an Anatolian pattern - Bird Foot and Bird Wings. It was just too tempting, I had to cast on!! This was 2.5 hours of uninterrupted knitting. I am quite pleased with the work but it is going to take me forever!!!! I am knitting with a strand in either hand. Is there a trick to making this go faster????

2 Comments:

Blogger Opal said...

Oh that sock is drop dead gorgeous! Your colour-work is fantabulous! Wow, you go girl!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Deby said...

ohhh your bird foot and bird wings sock is just wonderful! I love it so much. I can see why it is taking so long. It will be well worth the time. You might want to frame them when you are done though!

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home