Knitting is Therapy
My father has been in the hospital for the last five weeks. At 78, he was a very active, healthy and alert man. That all seemed to change around June and he started a slow and steady slide. He had several critical days and then would make miraculous recoveries. On Monday, September 28th, the doctor said he was going home. On the third day, he took a wrong turn and the doctor told us he was never going home. He died Friday evening as my husband and I sat with him. The knitting kept me from pacing and prayer kept me calm.
I am not going to eulogize him here. I loved my dad and was so fortunate that he was in my life and that of my children.
I have been reading the Reading Group by Elizabeth Noble and came across the following quote:
"When someone you love, dies, it's as if they leave you with half shares of your life together. The person you were in their eyes dies with them."
My daddy was my biggest fan and supporter. I am not sure he was very objective. Lord, I do miss him.










3 Comments:
I am truly sorry for your loss.
I am so sorry Peggy. You and your family are in my thoughts
your words are making me cry... i am so sorry for your loss. that quote was beautiful....
Post a Comment
<< Home