Tuesday, August 29, 2006

YUCK *&%#

I began the front on Tilia last evening and discovered I relied on my memory for the lace pattern and have made an error. The repeat is for 9 rows. Row 8 is to be knit and row 9 to be purled. I finished with a row 7 and immediately started the repeat over. There are 9 repeats of the pattern which means the lace is 18 rows short. With the gauge on the size two needles it is about 1 1/2 inches. The length of the sweater back is correct since you measure from the hem to the armhole. My concern is that the lace pattern will not come up high enough and will kill the look of the sweater. Also, the lace is knit on a two and the stockinette is knit on a 4. Depending on where that break occurs, the fit could be a disaster. I know I should tear out and start again but all that stockinette stitch is a killer for me. I am afraid I will frog and send it to the pond. But the alternative might be that I finish the sweater and put it in the drawer which is not the same thing - it is hours of wasted work.

YUCK!!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how sad. It is such a beautiful sweater! Hope you find a solution.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

I'm so sorry about the Tilia :-( I hope an acceptable solution presents itself soon! If I were in the vicinity I would offer to take you out for chocolate cake or a martini. Your choice.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home