Started, Stumbled, Fell and Stopped

This has been the week of starting new projects but getting nowheres. I took Tilia with me to the Sunnyside Open horse show and finished the sleeves. The pieces are awaiting blocking. I have not had a good stretch of time nor a large enough space to get this done, yet.
Anticipating the completion of the sleeves, after all, it was a 5 hour drive and 2 days o
f sitting in the stands, I took a new project with me to start. My mom has requested a shawl for Christmas. She saw a Knit Picks catalog and admired the Rectangular Cover Shawl. I ordered Zephyr Wool-Silk in Ruby from Fiddlesticks Knitting and had my new Knit Picks Options Needle Set with me. After at least 3 starts, I had the lace pattern set up. It really was not the best place for concentrating on lace, but I really wanted to get this started and finished by Christmas.
The needles are driving me crazy!! I don't think the points are any pointier than my Addis and the joins keep coming undone and the thin yarn gets caught in the join. I had to put this aside until I can replace the needles.
Frustrated, I returned to the Garden Partie sock in Fixation. I have one done and I do not want to subcomb to the second sock syndrome. I pulled it out and got down to business. I was so surprised that I could find the yarn and the pattern in the first place I looked. The cuff is finished, it is time to begin on the foot and change to a size 4 needled - - it has gone missing!!!!
About this time I received an email from Woodland Woolworks that they have Addis on sale (20% off). I quickly entered an order for a needles for the shawl a pair for the socks.

OK - time to move on to the next project. I had some Knit Picks Gloss in the dusk colorway my stash. It is scrumptous yarn, a blend of Merino wool and silk. Just the perfect yarn for the stitch definition needed to show off the cables in Cable net. They are knit on a size 0. I am having a time with the twists on such little needles and just can't seem to get the pattern setup properly!

OK!! ENOUGH OF THIS!!! I cast on a fun pair of easy socks in a bright cheery orange. Hopefully they will break this trend. Notice that I changed from the Angel of Wonder to the Angel of Learning. It has been a process, all in the course of the week. I need something easy and fun to knit. This will be the Lacings Stitch Sock from Fiber Nooks and Crannies SOTM club, May 06 in Opal Prisma. After all, this is Socktoberfest!!!










2 Comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about your mishaps with the KP's needles! I hope you get your Addi's pronto! I'm also sorry to hear about the problems with Cable Net. How frustrating for you! I hope things start looking up with the orange socks.
Are you using the little metal thingie to tighten the points? I'm working on a fairly heavy afghan with some, and not having any unscrewing issues. I usually check them every time I start to knit for a while, and last night I was able to turn one of them, so I tightened it with an unbent paperclip (too lazy to go find the right tool), which worked also. Hope you get it worked out!
Post a Comment
<< Home