Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Honey Complete

This has been a very satisfying knit. I began it on September 30th and finished sewing in the ends on October 14th. It was knit on circular needles until the armholes and then I knit the back and front - back and forth on the circular needles. The shoulders were done with a 3 needle bind off and the neck and armholes were done with a garter stitch on a circular needle.

My kind of knit - not one seam.

I did use Elizabeth Zimmerman's trick of creating a false seam down the side by dropping a stitch and then working it back up the garment. It does give it a little structure.

I love the feel of the fabric. The cotton makes it light but there is a bit of stretch to it. Can't wait to wear it - just half to hem the pants - yuck!

1 Comments:

Blogger Opal said...

What a neat false seam trick! Thanks for sharing that. :)

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home