Critters Everywhere
There has been time for knitting but not blogging. Work has been very hectic. I don't ever remember starting a school year so far behind. I have some new programs to set up, teachers to train and some crashed software to clean up. Very busy time.
Anyway, the scarf is done! The yarn is not very soft and it 100% wool so my sister will have to gently wash by hand. Don't you love those eyes and nostrils. I know my nephew is going to love this.
I was stalked while taking the crocodile photos. This is Callie. She came out of the woods a few weeks ago. She was so thin, her sides seemed to touch. She would come up for food but was very timid. It is clear she is not a ferile cat but displaced. She is settling in, has gained weight and now comes in the house. She likes to be stroked but not held but we are making progress. Since we can now handle her, we have an appointment with the Vet on Sat.
After completing the scarf, I started my Rhinebeck sweater. No, I am not going, just my sweater. I have been represented the last five years! My sister and her family live in Manhattan and have a weekend home in Woodstock, NY. They go to the festival every fall. It wasn't until last fall that I realized that it was THAT festival. She mentioned that people had commented on nephew's handknit sweater but she never really provided a description other than they had seen animals. Hmmmm, interesting how people's views of the same events are so different.
I started Owen by Debbie Bliss in a green Aurora 8 by Karabella yarns. I ordered this online last spring on sale. I had never handled Karabella yarns. OMG it is absolutely like knitting with a cloud. It is 100% extra fine merino in about an Aran weight. The stitch definition is outstanding. Can you tell I love this yarn!


My camera did not catch the color well so I borrowed a swatch from the manufacturer's website. The page in the instruction book shows the back of the sweater which is not very descriptive or flattering. The sweater has a yoke of cables that look like they are braided or wov










1 Comments:
That scarf is too cool! How good of you to be caring for Callie in such a patient and loving manner. I wish you luck with the vet appointment.
Post a Comment
<< Home