Startitis Strikes
Work has been crazy, it takes alot to get teachers back to work and schools ready for the students. I have been knitting but not blogging. There didn't seem to be much point since so many are working on the same projects and the photos would look the same.
The Kanuai is to the shoulders, for the second time. I am enjoying the knit but really did not expect to complete it twice!. I have set it aside, waiting for a quiet time so that I can deal with the steeks. I am a virgin when it comes to steeking and I want to be well prepared for the wedding night.
I have made progress on the MS3. I I have made it to the wing but I am afraid that it is going to be too small. I know, everyone tells me that lace will really stretch when it is blocked. Soooo, I blocked the first half. It is 15 inches wide and about 33inches to the beginning of the wing section. I look at the pictures of finished stoles and worry that mine is just too small. i was pleased with the texture of the pattern but may have needed to move up a couple of needle sizes. Oh well, I have set it aside, just for a little bit.
My fingers are itching to start something new! I purchased the anniversary sock yarn and pattern from the Loopy Ewe and I also have purchased an Alligator scarf kit from Moorehouse. Farms .
I started the scarf, it will be for my nephew wh
s size and in more youthful colors.

I also purchased some RYC Cotton Denim on sale for this sweater. My fingers are itching to start some cables after all the lace I have been working on. I am determined to finish the gator first.










2 Comments:
Oh that alligator scarf is so cute! Your nephew is going to love it.
Good luck with your wedding night with Kanuai. I know you'll do well and just think of all the fun you'll have on your honeymoon. ;-)
Great blog! I love the story about you new visitor. Is it feline bliss yet?
In response to your question...
We are in the process of revamping the KP site and in the chaos the link for our email was broken. I've been assured by the helpful computer code elves they will repair the problem, but until it's fixed, a customer's only choice is to call our toll free (866)656-KNIT.
As to the Poetry kits, Hifa does not include patterns with the yarn. They want people to buy the book, which is (of course)out of print. KP is cajoling Hifa to either reprint the book or include the patterns in the kits, which they may do. In the interim, I can recommend getting it through your local library (Yay, for public libraries!)
Post a Comment
<< Home