Help, I'm Wrinkling!

I have spent so much time in the frog pond this month that I have become very wrinkled. I think that is what is causing it, not the fact that I have another birthday this week.
I finished clue 1 of the MS3 and had to frog due to issues with the yarn. I am anxiously awaiting the replacement.
You remember that after about 7 inches of knitting on the Kanui cardigan, I decided that I did not like the way the colors were progressing and realized that the balls were wound in reverse of each other. I frogged, rewound a ball and was ready to start again. I was making good progress on the but became nervous with thoughts of cutting the steeks. I pulled out an Alice Starmore book on fair isle and felt a little more comfortable but decided to purchase a video from Philosopher's Wool. It still has not come so I decided to finish up to the shoulders. I did and placed the stitches on 4 double points. Imagine my reaction when I realized I had 12 stitches more on the front than on the back. I posted a question to the KAL and realized that my worst fear was confirmed. The number of stitches for the steek was included in the original stitch count. I misread the pattern and added steek stitches to the original cast on. I have frogged the WHOLE thing! After winding into a ball, I wet the outside of the ball hoping that the yarn would relax and loose it's wrinkles from the frog pond. I began to cast on last night and found that it seems to have worked, at least with the top layers of yarn. I wish it were that simple with me!
I am still working on the Boudica socks. They are knit toe up. I have not done this in a couple years and I have been struggling with the heel. If I would just read the instructions, I am sure I would be fine. I have become lazy and over confident and it has cost me again. Third time is the charm, right?
Well is anyone is looking for me, I will be the big frog on the lily pad with the graying hair, glasses and puckering skin!. RIBBIT.










1 Comments:
i think we all go through these periods of incessant trip to the frog pond. but i'm here cheering for you because i just know you'll pull through this. you can do it!
Post a Comment
<< Home