Saturday, June 10, 2006

That's All Folks

Graduation was wonderful. The alterations worked, the gown fit DH and DS had all the necessary dress clothes. It was a proud moment when they hugged on stage. DH is a bit older than I (18 years). It used to really bother DS when people would refer to him as his Grandfather. DS has come to terms with this and seems so much more comfortable in his own skin. It has always been my goal to raise independent and confident children. It has come back to bite me sometimes but they are both wonderful!

The men were well dressed, however I did not have a shawl. I ordered another skein of yarn. It is not the same colorway. I have not had a chance to go back and see if I misordered or was sent the wrong colorway. It is gorgeous but not what I need. Even if it had been correct, I never would have been able to finish in time. Long range planning has not been my strong suit for the last few years.

DS was a graduate for one day. We are now in Columbia, SC at the University of South Carolina for the weekend. Today was orientation for the Teaching Fellows scholarship program, tomorrow will be Placement tests and Monday - Orientation. He is now a freshman.

I did not bring a camera with me to take pictures of the adventures of the sock but rest assured, three days away from work and housework, some knitting will take place!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home