Stash Building

This was fun and easy to create. The website is: Tombstone Generator.
If you create one, let me know, I would love to see it!!
If you create one, let me know, I would love to see it!!
I went by my LYS today to buy some needles for Lacy. I had been using the bamboo Clovers but the cotton did not slide well enough and the size 2 needles have quite a bend to them. In desperation, while traveling this weekend, I purchased some Boye needles at WalMart. They were better but still not my favs. I went by the yarn shop at lunch and picked up a pair of Quicksilvers. This is my first pair and I am not sure what I think. The density is different and I need to get the feel of the balance and the points. The 'slipperiness' is definitely better.
Really, all I wanted were needles. I knew I could stand strong against the temptation of sock yarn. They don't have a wide selection, just Regia. However, today I did notice some Online cotton. I thought I was safe and almost made it out and then.....

They have added Elsebeth Lavold books and some yarn. I was lost. This past week, a blogger showed some Hempathy. This yarn is 34% Hemp 41% Cotton and 25% Modal. The guage is 30-32 rows and 22-23 stitches on a US 4. I was lost. I was not successful searching for it online. I could find the boo
k one place and the yarn another or not enough yarn for the sweater. Anyway, there it was in all it's splendor. I bought book #8. And enough turquoise Hempathy to make this sweater.
Did I stop, could I stop there??? NO, NO, NO. The shelf right above the Hempathy had the most luscious Alpaca and Silk Fino. I had a most difficult time selecting a color but ended up with a light dusty bluegreen. The tag has a color number, not name. The samples on the webpage are rather difficult to read and I do not have my camera with me to show the color. Just have to trust that it is beautiful.
When I got back to the office, I looked it up on the web and this is how they describe the yarn:
"In Italy Fino is a word used to describe the finest sherry available from the vineyard. Here at Alpaca with a Twist, Fino is the finest lace weight yarn we could imagine. A perfect blend of baby alpaca & silk lends a luxurious handle, a dramatic lustrous sheen, & an elegant drape that will impress nobility! When used as a single strand, it creates light-as-air, gossamer garments and & breathtaking lace effects in shawls and stoles."
Sounds exactly how it looks and feels. I am enamored, entranced, I just want to hold and stroke it until it tells me what it wants to become.
Really, all I wanted were needles. I knew I could stand strong against the temptation of sock yarn. They don't have a wide selection, just Regia. However, today I did notice some Online cotton. I thought I was safe and almost made it out and then.....

They have added Elsebeth Lavold books and some yarn. I was lost. This past week, a blogger showed some Hempathy. This yarn is 34% Hemp 41% Cotton and 25% Modal. The guage is 30-32 rows and 22-23 stitches on a US 4. I was lost. I was not successful searching for it online. I could find the boo
k one place and the yarn another or not enough yarn for the sweater. Anyway, there it was in all it's splendor. I bought book #8. And enough turquoise Hempathy to make this sweater.Did I stop, could I stop there??? NO, NO, NO. The shelf right above the Hempathy had the most luscious Alpaca and Silk Fino. I had a most difficult time selecting a color but ended up with a light dusty bluegreen. The tag has a color number, not name. The samples on the webpage are rather difficult to read and I do not have my camera with me to show the color. Just have to trust that it is beautiful.
When I got back to the office, I looked it up on the web and this is how they describe the yarn:
"In Italy Fino is a word used to describe the finest sherry available from the vineyard. Here at Alpaca with a Twist, Fino is the finest lace weight yarn we could imagine. A perfect blend of baby alpaca & silk lends a luxurious handle, a dramatic lustrous sheen, & an elegant drape that will impress nobility! When used as a single strand, it creates light-as-air, gossamer garments and & breathtaking lace effects in shawls and stoles."
Sounds exactly how it looks and feels. I am enamored, entranced, I just want to hold and stroke it until it tells me what it wants to become.










3 Comments:
Hi! I followed your link from a post to TSocksKnitAlong. I really enjoyed checking out your blog. I am also doing the Amazing Lace KAL - what a coincidence. Thanks for the heads up on the tombstone generator that was fun.
Okay, you got me. It's fun and it's done and on my blog. Thanks for the link Peggy.
Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»
Post a Comment
<< Home