Thursday, April 20, 2006

Dear Diary

I feel like I should start, (well actually I did start) this post with a "Dear Diary". So few people are reading, if any, that it is more like my personal diary.

Today was a very productive day, both professionally and knit-wise. I drove six hours in a rented van to a two hour meeting. That could be annoying, however the meeting is important. I have been given the opportunity to serve on a state department of education task force to consider the feasibility of creating a virtual high shcool. The study was positive and we are going forward. This is something that I am very passionate about. It will even out the playing field and provide opportunities for some of our very poor districts. It will mean more work for my current position but new challenges that I look forward to.

On the way home, I stopped to meet DD at the barn. Now when I say barn, I mean barn. This is not a fancy training stable, it is a family barn in the middle of the redneck, Skoll ring, good 'ole boy, South. My old nag seemed agreeable to a ride tonight, but lucky for her I was wearing my office clothes and my Clarks just were appropriate for riding. I had been driving and sitting all day and decided I would stroll the North 40 while knitting on my newest sock. I am using some of the Regia Cotton that I bought recently from Elann.com. I have not knit a sock in all stockinette in a long time and had trouble finding my basic sock pattern. I am using 60 stitches on a size 2. The needle size seems a little big but the jacquard seems to be working on that size needle. I knit about 2.5 needles while I walked around the farm. I used an Eye of Partridge heel. It is an interested texture for this otherwise smooth sock.

While walking and knitting, I was composing this post in my mind. In reviewing it, I think I have only covered about half of my thoughts, I left out the pecan tree that stands like a sentinel in the field that is just beginning to leaf, and I left out the planning for the weekend and the queasy feelings I have whenever I think about DS graduating and the changes coming. Maybe I can hit those another time.

The Cascading Leaves are finished. I can not get a decent photo of them. I will have to try outside. I continued the design down the top of the sock, rather than stopping at the heel. I hope it will be smooth enough in my shoe. It was a fun pattern to knit. The repeat was easy to learn and it formed so quickly, I wanted to knit one more row to see how it would look.

3 Comments:

Blogger Young Lady said...

Hi Peggy I was browsing through some pretty boring blogs and came upon yours. First I have to tell you there is NO way I would drive 6 hours for a 2 hr meeting. Kudos to you kiddo. I would of told them to fax me instead. Keep on bloggin

10:30 PM  
Blogger Young Lady said...

well I just reread that and No your blog wasn't boring , it caught my eye, sorry about that.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Cozy Feet said...

I enjoy your blog!
I like how you decided you should KEEP knitting to see if your blisters go away...that would be my choice too :)
I'm a very new (a year or so) knitter and have yet to complete a pair of socks. I am addicted to them already though. I have 2 singles and am working on a mate for the sock I made for my sister last summer! I find it much easier to use two circs and I'm learning ML.
I live in the woods of North Idaho...I love reading blogs by Southerners. I have a Live Journal friend who lives in Kinston.
Anyway, I love your sock pictures and your knitting on the walk story :)

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home