Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Apron Strings


This weekend, we took our son to visit the University he will be attending next fall. It was a very good visist. As the day passed, his energy level increased and he became very excited and feels good about his choice.
It was a very interesting experience for me too. When you hold that newborn, you picture milestones in his and your life. As you age, the pictures become more specific. There was always the expectation that he would attend college. During this school year, I have begun to picture him as a college student, just never through about a specific campus. He has chosen the University where I completed a Masters and Ph.D. As we walked the campus, it hit me that he would be walking under the same trees, sitting in the same rooms, using the same library that houses my dissertation, and drinking in the same bars. Except for the last picture, it was a poignant moment. The apron strings are about loose, weather I am ready or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home