Tuesday, June 06, 2006

AL Team is Running on EMPTY!!!!

My team for the Amazing Lace is running out of steam. One of the team members, the most gorgeous, the Hand Maiden Silk, is not holding up its end. I know I set the goal of finishing the Print O Waves shawl to wear to DS' graduation but I did not plan on this.....

The pattern called for 800 yds. of lace weight yarn. The Hand Maiden Sea Silk was 437.4 yards. I ordered two skeins. There was a slight difference between the two skeins so I alternated the yarn as I knitted hoping to blend the differences. I have finished the edging along the bottom and half of one side and will definitely not have enough yarn too finish the edging. BALONEY!!!!!!

Soooooooo, I have suspended knitting and ordered another skein. I hope this next skein is not too different. I will alternate these two yarns hoping that they will blend. I do not want to frog the edging that I have completed. Why does it seem to take forever to knit the short rows of the edging?

Back to the drawing board for graduation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home