Catastrophe!
Maybe the title is a little dramatic but it was frustrating!
Last Friday, we drove 7 hours to Lynchburg VA to visit a college with our baby! We left after work but I still was able to get a great deal of knitting done on the Lady of the Lake cardigan. I picked up the stitches for a sleeve before we left and I was able to knit on. Even if I was off on the K1, P1 row, it does not show, the mohair boucle provides camouflage. You have got to love it!
Well, about 45 min from our destination, the Knit Picks option needles came apart, again!!! The cable came out of the metal coupling. I do not mean that they came unscrewed, they broke!!!! Is that not pure torture for a knitter. I knew that I would have 6 hours of knitting time the next day on the way home and no needles.
The first thing I did when we got in the room at 1 am was to check the yellow pages. Yes!!!! There were two shops in the Lynchburg area. I had never been in the area and did not know my way around so really wasn't sure if we would be able to visit. DH just rolled his eyes. During lunch on Sat, I called the first shop and she was able to give me directions to her shop. It was not difficult to find and she had a 16" 10.5 Addi Turbo needle, YUM!!!! She was very friendly and helpful. The shop was in a former home, well laid out, well lit, and well stocked. I looked through her shop and could not find another thing to purchase! I really wanted some lace weight for a couple of projects and she had none. Sock yarn is always my fall back purchase but she didn't have anything that called out. Just as well, the needle on it's own set me back a bit.
DD decided NO on the college but I got a good bit of knitting done. I have about one inch left on the collar and then it is done. This was another knit with limited seaming. My favorite kind of project. Just the shoulder seams and the sleave seams. You pick up the stitches for the sleeve along the cardigan so you don't have to set in the sleeves. As I mentioned, the mohair boucle is very camouflaging which makes seaming a dream. (Did I really say that about seaming).
As I was driving around to day, I started planning my next project. I just can't seem to narrow it down. more later when I can add photos.
1 Comments:
Oh no! Even though you bought another pair, I hope Knit Picks gets you a replacement needle!
Post a Comment
<< Home