Monday, November 06, 2006

Time for Lacevember



The knitting questions, or the usual suspects:
How long have you been knitting? Since I was 6, many, many years ago.
How did you learn to knit? I watched my mom and taught myself.
Favorite thing about knitting?I love to see the work progress. Sometimes I have trouble stopping, I want to see the pattern after just one more row.
How long have you been knitting lace? Just since this summer.
Favorite thing about knitting lace. I love working with the delicate yarn and watching the complex patterns emerge.
variegated or solids for shawls? solid for complicated patterns. Varigated for subtle repeating patterns.
Favorite lace color? Anything but browns.
Technique, or show us your skillz Circs or straights? Circular
Favorite lace knitting trick?Lifelines? Yes but not often enough!!! If so with what? A thin cotton yarn.
Fancy blocking wires, or just sewing pins stuck in your carpet? Blocking wires and pins.
Pattern, or can you follow directions shawls or lacey items?triangle, rectangle, or circular shawls? I have not tried to knit a circular shawl. I did try a cricular jacket but gave up.
Charts or printed instructions? I really like charts best.
Favorite lace you've knit? Always the last one.
Favorite lace you want to knit? Hidcote. Peacock Feathers. Icarus

1 Comments:

Blogger Opal said...

Oh this was fun! I love these questions. They're reminding my why I loved knitting lace in the first place.

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home