Monday, November 13, 2006

Another Christmas present started


I purchased some luscious yarn from the Shabby Sheep while in Dallas last week with the plan to make Shedir for a Christmas gift. I finished 4 repeats on the Diamond shawl and I hate to break the momentum, but I am worried that I will not have enough yarn for the cap. Since a trip back to Dallas is not in the plans, I really need to plan ahead if I am going to need more yarn. What to do??? I cast on another new project, of course.

I have reached row 34 of 84 rows and I am almost out of yarn. The decreases have not begun yet so I may have enough yarn. I find myself knitting faster thinking that I might be able to race it to the end before it runs out. Does that make sense? It is rather like eating an ice cream cone in August in Myrtle Beach. Not sound logic!!

The yarn is RY Classic: Silk Wool DK, a blend of 50% merino wool and 50% silk in the scallop colorway.

Keep your fingers crossed for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Opal said...

Can you call the shop and have more mailed to you?

10:27 PM  
Blogger Knitting Therapy said...

That is my plan but I want to make sure I have enough time to get the yarn mailed here and finish the cap so I am a knitting fiend these days.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home