I DID IT!!!
I started the morning at a 7:00 breakfast meeting. My plan was to figure out the train situation and go after the meeting. The next session I wanted to attend was not until 1:00. This way I would not have to travel after dark.
I had a plan - until breakfast.
The speaker at the meeting was the reason I came to Dallas and he announced that he would be presenting at 11:00. Well, I have enough yarn, don't I???? I went to his session, it was excellent. I did get a bit of knitting done in between the sessions. I have moved to just the shawl, 45 days to Christmas!!!!
At lunch I went to the train station and made plan, bought a ticket and decided to go at 3. I went to the platform at 3 and almost whimped out but I dared myself and got on the train. It was crowded and I could not sit anywhere near the map. I was too nervous to knit. I realized that the real problem was the loss of control and autonomy. I got to the station, made the transfer to a bus and got off right in front of the shop!!! What an adventure.

What can I say about the shop, it was absolutely incredible!!!! I have never seen so much yarn in one place. I just walked and walked and touched and oohed and ahhhhed. This picture only shows the middle third of the shop.
I bought shock yarn, Lorna's Laces and Art yarns. Love, love, love.

I treated myself to some new gadgets......

And some pink yarn to knit 'Shedir' from Knitty's Breast Cancer Awareness Mini-
Issue, another Christmas present. It is Jaeger Roma, a vicose, nylon and angora blend. The color is vibrant and the hand is delicious.When I stepped out of the shop, the bus was coming down the road and picked me up in front of the shop. As we drove up to the train station, I noticed a Best Buy across the highway. I ran across the street and bought a card reader so that I could share these photos with you. I walked over to the train station nd there was the train.
It was incredible how it all worked out!!!! In fact, it was quite an adventure.
I am not sure how I am going to get all my loot home! I purchased some professional books and a bit of yarn. I am also taking home some Spanish language newspapers for DD. I may need to stuff some yarn in my computer bag, pockets ........










2 Comments:
How serendipitous! I'm so glad that everything worked out well for you. That yarn store looks so divine! What a treat!
That shop must be the Woolie Ewe! Pretty stuff and I am so glad that it all worked out! You had quite an adventure!
Post a Comment
<< Home