Sunday, June 11, 2006

Knitting in Public

I spent the day Knitting in Public. I could not join an organized event. I am still at the university for orientation with our son. While he took the placement exams, I sat under the Live Oaks and knitted on Lucy. I have decided to see about trading my ancient cell phone in for a picture phone when we get home. I wish I had a photo to show you where I knitted. This photo is from the University website. I was sitting behind the statute in a shaded garden. The university began 200 years ago and there are Live Oaks that are hundreds of years old. Their limbs reach out at horizontal angles and are yards long. They are tenacious at the same time, graceful - an engineering marvel. The birds were singing and the squirrels scampered and the gentle breezes blew. Coeds stopped occasionally to chat and question. One professor sat with me and we had a long professional conversation about our jobs and careers.

DS insistsd on driving so that he would become familiar with the route and also with the city. This has given me the hoped for knitting time. I have the back finished on Lacy and have begun the fronts. I am up to at least row 30. I like to knit both at the same time as it makes it so much easier for me to make sure they are the same.

We began the weekend in a hotel. We had very nice accommodations, an inside pool and fitness room. Today we accepted the invitation from the college and we are staying on the 13th floor of a college dorm - right across from the bank of 3 elevators. The room is in a suite and we are sharing a bathroom. I am not sure what I was thinking. Was I thinking!!!! DS has met some friends who came in to the city. The University is about half way from their house and ours. They really don't have the opportunity to see each other often so this works out. He has gone out for the evening, leaving me to the excitement of the dorm. Thank goodness the wireless is still working this summer. I have some office work to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home