Why do you blog?
This weekend, my teenage daughter observed me taking pictures of my wips. She asked me what I was doing and I gave her an evasive answer. She started teasing and went through several possible scenarios and finally ended with " I bet you are making a webpage so that you can say My socks are better than your socks!"
I just laughed and walked away. Both of my kids are very hooked into My Space. When she didn't suggest a blog or other social site it hurt my feelings, do they think I am too old a fogey for such!!!
But seriously, why do you blog?
I have not told my family about this space because it is mine. In an earlier post, I mentioned that I consider this blog to be my diary. As such, it belongs to me. It chronicles my progress, some of my knitting plans and connects in a small way to others with similar interests. I enjoy the reflective process and catch myself composing posts in my head throughout the day.
How bout you?
3 Comments:
I blog so that i dont have to send individual letters/emails to friends and family about whats happening in my life..
I blog because I can't remember a time when I didn't blog. I started one 7 years (7 years!) ago to practise writing, and when I discovered the knitting blog scene I started a knitting blog to keep me on track with my WIPs and because it looked like such a wonderful, supportive community. And it is! I also love blogging because it's a great creative outlet; I get to do all sorts of web design and I'm even making Wordpress plugins now! And none of this would have occured without my little blog.
My blog the Akamai Knitter is a record of all that my crafty things, which is mainly knitting things. It helps me finish my project, network with other folks with the same obsessions, and feel that great sense of accomplishment when I'm done.
I keep a Live Journal for updates to my friends on how I'm doing and it's a great way for me to keep up with them.
Post a Comment
<< Home