Time Out
La Digitessa is in time out. It was a mutually decision. I figured out what I was doing wrong but realized I had dropped a stitch a couple of inches below. I usually do not have so much trouble but I cried Uncle and put it up. Next time, I am going to knit them on size 2s.

On to the next project: Bird in Hand mittens in Cascade 220 on size 1s. One day I will learn how to take pictures. This one is horrible, too much light I guess. Anyway - It is my "Bluebird of Happiness". The stranding makes the fabric feel pretty thick. I will probably give to my sister next Christmas. The Estonian Braid was a new learning experience but it went well. I should have knit the hem lining in as I usually do but I guess I will sew it in the way the directions recommend.
3 Comments:
I love the way that mitten is turning out. That color combination is killah. :)
Sometimes a good yarn time out can do the knitting some good! You are the second person I know who is doing the Bird in Hand mittens. I absolutely love the color combo. Will be a very nice gift for someone who lives in a colder climate.
Putting yarn in time-out then proceeding to ignore it usually produces complete cooperation later. I felt like that with a pair of Traveler's socks. They were on 0's & the worst thing I ever attempted.
The mitts are a pretty color combo. I am jealous of others being able to do colorwork. Nice job so far.
Post a Comment
<< Home