Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Pieces Fell in Place


Saturday was one of those days when everything just fell in to place. We drove down to Charleston for open house at the college DD will be attending next year. At lunch, we went to the cafeteria in the dorm she selected to check it out. Spring break for the college had started and there were just a handful of students. One of the girls noticed us and came over to speak. She and DD had played varsity soccer together. They were able to talk about the college and the dorm situation and DD felt great about her selections.

We then left the college and drove out to the barn. I had noticed online that the college was having it's last intercollegiate horse show for the year. We caught the tail end (no pun intended) and we were able to talk with the assistant coach. There is a good possibility that DD will participate in NCAA sports in college. I read that sentence twice. What a surprise. We always thought our son would. His goal was to play soccer in college and when the offers came it was not where he wanted to go.

I will be taking my mom back to the doctor in Charleston next week. It is a day long appointment so DD is going to see if she can make an appointment with the coach to talk some more.

After leaving the barn, we went back downtown to Knit. It really is one of my most favorite yarn stores. The selection is great. I needed some buttons and they have the best selection I have seen. I picked up buttons for the two baby sweaters, the fair isle cardigan and also a vest I am going to knit this spring out of Cotton Twist. I tried to take pictures this morning and was very digitally challenged.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Beth said...

My DD wants to attend College of Charleston. Is this the same as your DD? Mine is only a junior but also plays varsity soccer. Gee they may have lots in common. Congrats to your DD for college to be all she wants it to be. Very exciting for all the pieces to fall neatly in palce.

We are going to go to Charleston next week for a day trip & will be checking out the knit shop there.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home