Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Taking Stock of WOOPS

The horse show circuit has begun for this year. We spent last weekend in North Carolina at a two day show. It was 34 degrees on Friday night. The living quarters of the horse trailer have heat but you have to go outside some time. Yuck!

I had a virus and was running a fever so if DD was not showing, I was sleeping on Saturday. Sunday I felt a little better and was able to knit most of the four hour drive home.

I have finished with the color work on the Fair Isle Cardigan. I wish that I was a "Fearless Knitter", I would have figured out how to steek this sweater so that I could knit the color work in the round. It would have been much easier to follow the pattern and I think my stitches would have been more even. There is some difference on the purl side.

Well, all my knitting is a learning experience and this project has taught me something!

The majority of the knitting that remains on this sweater is plain stockinette. It should move more quickly but I am afraid I am going to loose my motivation. Yesterday and today the temperature has hit 80. I know that is unusual for this time of year, however, it turns my thoughts to summer knitting. I wonder, should reverse my seasons when I knit. ie: knit winter projects in the summer and summer projects in the winter. That is rather problematic also, who wants to sit with a sweater's worth of wool in your lap in the summer - even if you are in air conditioning. But this way, the sweater would be finished and could be worn shortly. If I keep working on this cardigan, I know I will not wear it until next fall.

That then makes me consider the WOOPS (Works out of Progress). If I am not working on this sweater, then what:
1. Nutkin sock. - One finished and the hem of the second complete.
2. Forest Path Shawl - DD needs this for the upcoming prom season.
3. Vest - Elsebeth Lavold design - Back is finished. I am knitting the fronts at the same time and I have maybe 4 inches left, then the buttonband.
4. Mystery Stole 3- I had begun the wing.
5. Lady of the Lake - Fleece Artist - I am ashamed to admit I don't even know what I have left. Probably seaming and blocking.
6. Lyra - Not yet begun. I have the yarn, the needles and the pattern and the ITCH.
7. Kanui - Front and back almost done, maybe two rows left and then it is time to steek. I am avoiding that. It is a new technique to me and I currently lack the courage.
6. A couple of Digitessa sock designs. - lovely, lovely, lovely.

Sometimes creating the list helps me to focus.

Enough, back to the knitting. I have much to do!

2 Comments:

Blogger Opal said...

Perhaps I need to create a WOOPS list myself. One thing's for sure I need to get motivated to work on the Forest Path Stole again.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Mary Beth said...

I am a compulsive list maker. I get a rush from seeing all the cross offs. It keeps me motivated & working 'cause I hate long lists of UFOs or WOOPs (Ilike that term. Think I'll have to use it! :)

Fair Isle intimidates me let alone steeks. I think it's beautiful but a bit too fiddly for me as well. I don't know if I can keep track of all those colors & ends. But, that said, I love what you're making there. The color combo is pretty.

Hope you're feeling better. I hate being under the weather.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home