Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas Knitting Detour

During the days when I knit scarves out of fun fur (gasp), I was asked to provide some to our district Christmas party. They solicit gifts from the community to give out as door prizes. I sent a few. Every year after that, they have asked for hand knit donations. This year, they were a little late in asking and I though I was off the hook. No such luck, sooooo, with the limited amount of time available, I have put my Christmas knitting on hold and I have been knitting hats.

The red had is Utopia. The pattern is available from Smariek Knits.
It was knit on number 8 needles in a Lions Brand yarn that I bought at Michael's. I will upload details later.

The next is the Marsden Watch Cap. I had trouble achieving gauge with this one so I finally used a DK weight yarn, doubled. It is a very thick cap. The brim is nice and deep so that it will fit most heads and can be pulled over the ears, if our weather ever gets cold. Not complaining, just saying.

The work in progress is the Carmel Cable Hat (in green) by Strickmasche. I think this will probably be the last cap that I knit for the office. I need to return to the family projects!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home