Progress Report
The cul-du-sac vest is coming along well. The back has had a soak and a block. The yarn softened nicely. There was a little bloom that I was not expecting but not too much to distract from the stitch pattern.
Have you notice, my constant companion has not been a sock for quite a bit. I need some brown socks and I have ordered some wonderful yarns. I just am not inclined to cast on. The weather has even turned more towards sock wearing weather and still - no new socks. Oh well, this too will pass.
My current constant companion is the Chevron Scarf from Last Minute Gifts. It is a four row repeat and only one of those rows has any patterning to it. Very easy to memorize. I am using Socks That Rock medium weight in Watermelon and Farmhouse. I do not like the Watermelon (the lighter yarn) by itself but it surely does the job in combination with Farmhouse. Two days of knitting on the fly and already I have 16" finished. There should be enough yarn to make 3 short scarves. I may consider these as Christmas gifts. What an unexpected bonus.










3 Comments:
You know I would never have picked those two yarns for a scarf, but they look great together. Great eye!
Hmm. You caught the Chevron Scarf bug too I see. My sister just made one in two unlikely yarn combos as well. I think yours look fabulous. Very inviting color scheme. Were you surprised at how well they combined or did you envision the outcome you got? I certainly wouldn't have thought they'd combine so beautifully as they did.
I adore your chevron scarf--it's fabulous!
Lyra is 52" square and it took 1.05 balls of Gentle. I used up the first ball two rows from the end--grr!
The pattern is perfect, and there were no glitches or other notes. Have fun with it!
Post a Comment
<< Home