Poor Planning, Again!

I have had some good knitting time this past week. Despite having to frog the fronts of the vest, twice! I am about 3 inches from the end. There is a medallion at this point. Since I am in a meeting, I thought I should bring a different project that might not need as much attention to detail.

I decided on the fair isle cardigan in Contemporary Knitting by Jo Sharp. After finally finding the pattern book last night after a prolonged search, I cast on. I decided to knit the three pieces as one on a circular needle. I was using the Knit Picks options size 5. The cable was brand new out of the bag. It was a replacement for the cable that recently came apart on me. I knit two rows of moss stitch for the border and the cable came apart again!!! Is anyone else having this problem? It is the third time. I love the idea of the interchangeable points but I am getting frustrated. I started over on a 34" Addit Turbo. There are 256 stitches so it is rather tight.
I brought this project with me. After knitting the 4 cms that it begins with, the directions now ask you to change to larger needles. I do not have them with me! Foiled again! I am going to have to sit through 4 more hours with nothing to do with my hands!!!










2 Comments:
How odd! I've never had a problem with the interchangeables! I hope you have better luck with them.
I just received the Options set for Christmas & have yet to use them, but I do have used a Boyle set for years. I had the same problem you describe. Periodically I have to re-tighten the join w/ the key provided. Our manuevering the needles loosens the connection sometimes. I jsut check the join every few rows before staring a row to make sure it's all tight.
Post a Comment
<< Home