Blisters Everywhere, almost

The walk yesterday was wonderful, at the time. Today I have blisters on bottom of my feet and the tops of my toes. You know, I carry my knitting everywhere with me so that I can use those spare moments. I guess I should carry walking shoes, or even my boots. Suppose that shows where my priorities are!!! I have a callous on the bottom of my left thumb from guiding the needle. Now I have a 'could be' blister on the thumb on my right hand. Does that mean I have been knitting too much or not enough? Hmmmm, I think I will knit some more to see what happens next.
One last try at sharing a picture of the Cascading Leaves sock. I think this one is a little better. I am still in love with the yarn. It is Fleece Artist. The color saturation is lovely, the hand is scrumptious. The twist is springy and I think it may be a teeny bit thicker than the Lornas Laces. I will compare the gauge next time. I knit these socks on a size 2 needle with a guage of 7 stitches per inch.

Someone on one of my mailing lists was asking about Lorna's Laces Liberty colorway. These are a pair of basic socks I knit in the colorway. I used a size 1 needle and a 2X2 rib all the way down to the ankle. The color is distributed nicely without any pooling. It really looks dorky with the ribbed cuff but it is a comfortable sock.
DD and I will be leaving this afternoon to spend the weekend at a horse show in Williamston, NC. DD and DS will stay home as DS has an important soccer game this evening. As I planned out the weekend and made arrangements for each of us, I realized that another chapter is ending. Our son has played soccer on and off since he was 5 years old.
He has played varsity soccer for all 4 years. During the summer he played on club and traveling teams. It has consumed his life. Until this year, I never missed a game. Now with DD competing in horse shows, my husband and I have rotated so that both events are covered. Our son has been rather injury prone and we want to make sure we are there. Last year he had a concussion and then in another game took a ball right in the eye and had a Hyphema (sp). His blue eye turned brown from the pool of blood.He had the thrill of being scouted and was offered a college soccer scholarship. I think that has been his dream for years - the TV cameras at the school taping his college signing. However, he has turned it down. Growing up is so difficult and painful sometimes. He has realized that he is too small to play professionally. Accepting the scholarship would have cost us money at the private school that he decided on. Instead, he has two academic scholarships at a state university that will pay for a
lmost all of his college.What this long rambling has lead to is the realization that we have one more week of soccer games and then maybe playoffs and then we are done, forever. I know, I know, he can still play club soccer, just not the same level of competition. It will mean more knitting time
4 Comments:
The Liberty colorway looks really nice on your socks.
Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»
Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»
Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»
Post a Comment
<< Home