AWOL
I can't believe it has been almost 3 months since I last blogged. Life has been overwhelming. Both kids are now off at college. One called last week and asked me how it was to have an empty nest. I really don't know. It is probably a good thing they are not home, I have not cooked in forever. Hours at work have been long and stressful.
I am not going to give you an update of everything since July. It would be boring and would take forever. Maybe just a short 1, 2, 3:
- Moved DS in to a rental house at college. It seems to be going well. Bought him a washer/dryer for an early Christmas present. That really makes him seem grown.
- DD has started college. We gave away two horses and only have her show pony left. She made the Equestrian team (NCAA) and now her pony is for sale. She will not be riding her pony much in the next 4 years.
- Two of our dogs died. The weather was so hot this summer. They were elderly but are definitely missed.
- I am not sure I finished anything that I blogged about this summer. Will check blog and update a little at a time.

The pattern is designed for sport weight yarn. I did not have any so I used fingering sock yarn by Cascade Heritage in a wool/nylon superwash blend. The gauge was OK for the width but not height and it was a little thin. I used a provisional caston and knitted a lining. This should make it a little more cozy.
I have been in three different yarn shops in the last 4-6 weeks and nothing jumped out at me. I walked out empty handed. I was beginning to wonder and worry. Maybe the size of my stash finally registered. Not so much, last weekend was parents weekend at DD's college. We went down to the booster club meeting for the equestrian team. DD went with me to Knit. I had some yarn to return and I wanted to buy buttons. Yarn just flew off the shelves at me. She has had a new shipment of Koigu and Malabrigo Lace. It is amazing how much I enjoy this shop over others.

Daughter decided she wanted some knee socks to wear under her tall boots at the barn this winter. She chose the yarn. It is a good thing she was there with me. She chose colors I never would have imagined she would like. This yarn is Panda silk and is oh so lovely!
I was not sure I had any knee sock patterns. I looked in my collection of printed out patterns (200) and did not find any. I did not get to the books, instead I searched Ravelry and selected the Anne Diamond Knee Socks by Star Athena. It was a download to purchase through Ravelry. That is so convenient. They have a diamond lace pattern up the side. I am not sure that I will knit in the diamonds. I want to make sure the socks are warm and cozy and since they will be under the tall boots, people may not see the pattern. She will be home this weekend and I will let her decide then.
I have missed blogging. It was a choice - knit or blog. I have needed the therapy to deal with the stress so blogging took a back seat. Hopefully I will be able to do better now.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home