Friday, June 06, 2008

Weekend of FOs

I have it figured out, some where along the way I moved from a process knitter to a product knitter. The whole idea behind the title of this blog: Knitting Therapy was that I found knitting to be relaxing. While knitting the Phoenix shawl, I became a product knitter. It has not been relaxing, I feel like I knitting on a deadline. It is time to get back to the relaxation.

I finished knitting the Calmer vest with 6 yards left over. Thank goodness I chose to knit the small. I am not sure how this busy pattern will look on me. Probably not the best choice. I will be seaming tonight. In finishing the edges of the armholes and the neck opening, I used a technique that I use to match curved edges when quilting.
  1. sew the shoulder seam.
  2. fold a side seam to the shoulder seam, matching the armhole, and mark the halfway mark.
  3. Repeat for the other side.
  4. The long edge should now be divided into 4 sections.
  5. Divide the number of stitches to be picked up by 4.
Now, when picking up the stitches they will be even, you will be able to judge if you are picking up too few or too many.




Other planned finishing:
1. Porthos, I have two sleeves to sew in and this will be complete. I could not find them after my trip to Tampa but they have reappeared.

2. I have two baby sweaters that need the ends woven in and buttons added. I purchased the wrong number of buttons and had to return to Charleston to obtain some more. There were no more of the color I chose so I had to pick up a different color. I got home and could not find them. I located the buttons while searching for sleeves. I really must get more organized!!

3. The Phoenix shawl is complete and is just waiting a bath and block. I am not sure I have enough space to block. Maybe I can do some cleaning up this weekend and create some space.

I close with a bittersweet hug. DD graduated this week from high school. DH is an administrator for the school district and represents the district in the graduation ceremony. Two years ago I purchased a doctoral gown from Chapel Hill, his alma mater and he has worn it to DS and now DD's ceremony.

1 Comments:

Blogger Deborah-- said...

Congrats to DD! How exciting for her. Look forward to seeing the vest in it's totally completed state. That knitted fast for ya.

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home