Mmmmh, Vacation
Thursday was officially the last day of my contract year. I should have three weeks off. There are several things that I have to finish but the pressure is off. I started the morning with a cup of coffee on the porch with the cats. What a gentle way to begin.
Last week was outrageous and I am so glad to have it over! WWKIP day was a total bust. We had to drive to Charleston to make arrangements for DD to have parking in the fall for DD at college. We passed three yarn shops on the way. We met with the gentleman, signed a contract and went to lunch. I pulled out my cell phone at lunch to check on DS and realized that I had his keys in my pocketbook. He was scheduled to work that evening so we needed to skip the yarn shopping and get home.
I organized a technology summer camp for our teachers. I really enjoy the teaching opportunity. Teachers choose to come, it is not required. I schedule four sessions during each time slot so that they can choice something that fits their interests and skills. Many will not have the opportunity to attend a technology conference and I want this week to be a similar experience. I had some wonderful teachers who agreed to provide some training sessions, they were great! The attendance was low this year but everyone seemed positive. It did lead to some very looooong days with very little knitting.
Little knitting but my left thumb is still bothering me. I guess it is tendinitis, again just on the opposite hand. I have called the orthopedist and have an appointment for next week. I have tried to hold my needles differently so that there is less pressure on my thumb but it is not working. Typing is also a problem and contributes to the pain. I am really not looking forward to the visit. Here it is vacation time and he might tell me no knitting.
Fingers crossed.










1 Comments:
Yikes! I certainly hope your finger gets better real soon. I know I kept knitting through my pain and I tried not to knit as long as I would in 1 sitting. I also tried not to knit on heavy items. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for ya. I know it would stink not being able to knit now that you are on vacation.
Glad to hear that WWKIP was a success. I knew it would be!
Post a Comment
<< Home