Sea Glass

The new project has begun, Sea Glass from Spring 08 Knitter's Magazine. The yarn is: Rowan Classic Yarns: Cashcotton DK. It is a blend of 35% cotton, 25% polyamide, 18% angora, 13% viscose and 9% halo. It is a lovely blend, very soft with a slight halo. At first I thought it was some of Oscar's hair - then I read the ball band and realized it was the Angora. The colors are heathered and have a very slight marl that allows the colors to blend slightly.

I was a little hesitant to start this project as it is striped and the colors change every two rows. I have solved that problem by weaving in the ends as I knit. It is working well, the exception was the border. It is a very interesting treatment. It is knitted in garter stitch, however, every other row is knitted by yarning over the need twice, then on the next row, the second yarn over is dropped. This elongates the color run and adds interest. In the body of the sweater you knit one row, then knit 5, purl 5. The texture adds interest and breaks up the monotony in knitting.
Monday and Tuesday I will be at the College of Charleston with DD for freshman orientation. I think I will be able to knit on this OK. In two days time I am already at the armhole. It has been a very quick knit. I will have a sock along with me just in case.Knit is tucked away right in between some of the college buildings. There is not a thing that I need and not a bit of money to spend. They had a sale running that ended yesterday so I won't even have that excuse. Will I have the fortitude to stay away???
1 Comments:
Love the soft colors of this yarn. Totally looks like sea glass to me. Gorgeous. All those little loose ends would drive me crazy! Think that is why I stay away from these kind of projects. LOL
Post a Comment
<< Home