Monday, June 09, 2008

Goal Setting


The weekend goal setting on Friday seems to have some rewards. I finished the Calmer vest and it is now blocking.

The buttons were sewn on the baby sweaters which were gifted today (one is 2 years late).

I cast on for a new pair of socks. Aquaphobia socks by Knitfreak.
We had some running around to do on Saturday morning and I needed a take along project. I have signed up for Summer of Socks and I jumped the gun a little but we all know that I will never be in contention for the most socks knitted. The yarn is dyed by indie dyer, Susie from Perchance to Knit. I am not sure what the colorway is, maybe Windflower. I think I have the label in the bag I took to Florida. I will check and get back to you. This was a casting on photo. I have knit about 4" of the cuff.

Sunday, to distract myself from the pressures of 20 hours a training that I will conduct in the next two weeks, I cast on for the Etrusca Sleeveless top designed by Knititude.
The tank is fitted with the increases and decreases hidden within the columns of the design. The back has a slightly less deep neck. I think I will also use that on the front. Too much sun and the passage of time has left some wrinkles on the Décolletageage that I would rather keep covered.

The yarn is the recommended Karabella Empire Silk. I purchased it through Ebay for about 1/2 the price. It is an aran weight yarn and the color is a light gold. It does not have the hand I expected of 100% silk but is very nice. There is some shine but it is not slippery. The twist is loose and it is a little splitty but I am loving this knit!

Did it work? Did I dazzle you enough with the new projects to help you forget there were three items on my "To Finish" list. I found the sleeves for Porthos but did not get to them. I will do that this week, really. Also, I hope to have Etrusca finished by the weekend. It really is going quickly.

1 Comments:

Blogger Deborah-- said...

I am so dazzled that I have forgotten that you have UFOs. I'm right there with ya on that though. Eventually they will get done...sooner than later. Really like the sock yarn you are knitting with. The hint of pink among the blue and green is nice.

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home