Represented in NYC
I took my mom to the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston today for a Parkinson follow-up. We always celebrate our doctor's appointments with a nice lunch and a stop at Knit in Charleston. I will share a summary of my purchases tomorrow when I have daylight for f]photos. I wasn't going to buy anything this time, really I wasn't. But what can you do when the Sirens begin their songs?
When I got home, I called my sister in Manhantan to give her an account of our appointment. When business was complete, she shared with me that her son (my 5 yo nephew) is learning to knit in school. He attends a private school and the seniors are responsible for teaching a 'project' to the younger students. This week, their senior is learning to knit so she decided it would be appropriate for the little ones to join her. They all made a trip to a yarn shop on the West side, purchased yarn and have begun to knit squares to been put together in an Afghan to be auctioned at the annual school fund raiser. I did not ask the name of the yarn shop, I was afraid I would drool. My sister does not knit. Her family goes to Rhinebeck every fall just to see the animals!!!
Well, let me get over that, Rhinebeck and a NYC yarn shop go unappreciated. I knitted Wintergreen mittens for my sister for Christmas. She took them in today for the little ones to see some 'real' knitting and my nephew wore one of his sweaters I have knit for him. (I couldn't be there but was represented.) One of the seniors decided she wants to tackle the mittens and I sent ordering information. Would love to be there to help.
2 Comments:
Oh how fun! Learning to knit in school! Too bad your sister doesn't knit. She just doesn't realize what she's missing. ;-)
Great stories! The siren's ways are not to be pulled against.
I understand. Is this a shop I should go check out??? Road Trip!
Love the NYC knitting. Maybe he'll need mommy's help knitting & then bam, she's all sucked in & she becomes a knit-aholic like the rest of us. You never know.
Post a Comment
<< Home