Wednesday, February 06, 2008

New gaget

I found a new gadget. It might have been listed on Lime and Violet's daily Chum, I don't remember where I saw it, I just know I love it!

Pattern Tamers - available on Etsy.
(I have misplaced the firewire for my new camera. I have ordered another but will have to wait. I tried to use another camera to take pictures of my set of "Tamers" but the phot was horrible. If you are curious, check out the Etsy site.)

It is a set of three different lengths of magnets to mark your place in a pattern. The magnets are glued to grosgrain ribbon that connects the two pieces together. You have one piece on the front of your pattern and one on the back. They stick together and really are tight. They do not move while in my knitting bag. Love them!

Knitting Update
Sweater knitting makes for sorry blogging. I have just reached the underarm. That always feels great. Somehow it feels downhill from here. I guess it is if you don't consider the sleeves! As usual, I missed an important detail. I did not read the pattern prior to knitting. You do not bind off for the armhole. The back is a rectangle. I decided to knit all three pieces as one so that I would not need to seam and I thought it might make it a little easier to follow the fair isle chart. I am assuming that the V-neck decreases begin at the underarm and I have spit this into 3 pieces that I will knit at the same time. The schematic does not indicate enough measurement points so that I can determine if this is the right place to divide. Hope this works out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Opal said...

Nifty gadget! I prefer highlighting tape myself. :)

9:29 PM  
Blogger Mary Beth said...

Cool little gadget. I'll have to whip some up for myself. Good wishes sent your way for the sweater. It sounds like a bit of a challenge & design opportunity in the making. Waiting patiently for pics.

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home