Monday, January 14, 2008

Favorite Christmas Presents

During lunch I ran to Hobby Locker to see if I could find size 7 needles to continue with my knitting during the meeting. I did not have time to get anywhere else. They had no circs in size severn except for the Boye interchangeables. I have a set of these from years ago but the cables have hardened and cracked. With the problems I have had with the Knit Pick Options, I thought it might be worth checking out the Boye needles again. The cables are noticeably stiff and the needles drag, they do not slide. Yuck! That was not a good solution.

A precious gift awaited me at home. I purchased a Christmas gift for myself before Christmas. It was on Ebay. I did not pay attention to the shipping, it was sent surface mail from December and finally arrived today. It is the Anna magazine from June of 1986. You know, the one with Lyra!!! I am itching to start. I have some merino/silk from Colourmart in an icy blue. I do have a copy of projects I had planned on finishing first.

I wanted to show you a picture of one of my favorite Christmas gifts. It is a crochet hook about 2.5 inches long. I carry some of my knitting necessities in an old medicine bottle. The little crochet hook fits in perfectly. It is so handy for picking up those stitches I drop every once in awhile whikle cabeling without a cable hook. Isn't it just so cute!!!

I travel for work next week. I will be in Orlando from Tuesday through Friday. I always begin my travel plans with deciding what knitting to take with me. Definitely a sock. I have one of the Anniversary sock from Loopy Ewe finished and about 3 incles of the second sock started. True to form, I have lost the directions. I "picked up" for the Christmas holidays. Not sure where they could be. I have looked everywhere!!! I have some green sock yarn from Sundara that I am considering a Hedgerow sock. I also have a skein of Jitterbug Collinette that I might take, that sock will be just plain stockinette. That would be an easy sock to work on during meetings.

I will probably take the fair isle cardigan. There are 56 rows of colorwork and then the rest is stockinette. That will be easy to work on although a little large and maybe awkward.

I am traveling by myself so I will have the evenings free. Then venders will have meet and greet sessions with coctails and nibbles. I may go to some of those to avoid buying food but what I really want to do is get in my PJs and knit on Lyra.

Hmmmmm, wonder if this will all fit in a carry on?

2 Comments:

Blogger Opal said...

What a wonderful Christmas present! I'm so jealous. I'm just green all over. :)

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you buy ur products from fitzgeralds inc?

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home