5 Feet from disaster
OK, Maybe the title is a little over dramatic but it was very close. I just finished the Shetland triangle shawl. It was a very quick and enjoyable knit. I started on November 8 and finished on November 14. The pattern is very easy to memorize. I did not use lifelines and only had to frog 2 rows. The Sundara silky aran merino was a dream to knit with. It was such a treat for me to have obtained this yarn, I hated to waste any of it! I knew if I had left overs it would languish in a pile and never be used so I was determined to use it all. And use it all, I did. There is 5 feet left!!!
I knit more repea
I have begun swatching for the next project. The yarn came Tuesday. I
ordered it from WEBs. It is Rialto by Debbie Bliss. I have plans to knit cul-du-sac from the fall 03 issue of Knitters. I had earmarked this design years ago and then lent the magazine to my mom. She just returned it to me and I fell in love with the design all over again. I think that is a good sign. I love this vest and think it will be a practical and versatile garment. It is designed by Elsebeth Lavold. I adore her Celtic inspired designs. As usual with one of her patterns, I am running into trouble with gauge. Usually I am right on but not with her patterns. I have moved down a needle size and should know in a little bit if it works.
1 Comments:
Wow! That shawl really was a quick knit. I can't wait to see it blocked.
Rialto promises to be a beautiful knit. I look forward to seeing progress pics!
Post a Comment
<< Home