Duck!
Costume Chick got me!
I have had this blog for a year and this is the first time that I have been tagged for a meme. I have been flying under the wire. I don't know whether I should feel thrilled that I am now 'part of the club' or "Yuck, who wants to know about me!"
Well, I am supposed to tell you 7 little known facts about me and tag 7 others.
1. I am a rather boring and serious person.
This character flaw makes this meme rather difficult since I am sure you don't want to be bored and I am not sure how creative I can be!! My family always teases me since it sometimes justs goes right over my head.
2.I have a Ph.D. and a rather professional, high stress job. Very few people outside my professional life know about the advanced degree. I have always felt that if I need the title to gain respect, it was a waste of money. Instead, I appreciate seeing the effect of the degree in my pay check!! The degree just evolved out of my curiosity and wanting to know more and also because I couldn't decide what I want to be when I grow up. I have worked in a school district for 30 years but have played many roles. Every time I changed jobs, I had to go back to college.
3. I must knit daily or I go into withdrawals and pout! I must have this time to myself. It is my Yoga, my 'therapy'. I used to quilt and have won several ribbons. As my children aged and became involved in sports, it became more difficult to quilt.
I began knitting socks so that I could have a small project to carry with me.
I would love to learn to spin. I live in the Coastal Region of SC and have not found any spinning resources in this area. I am not planning on giving up - it is something I will do.
4. My 17 yo daughter teases me that I am addicted to reading blogs. Now why would she find it funny when she has a My Space account. I guess Mom's are supposed to be old fashioned and uninformed.
5. My family does not know about the blog. DD may have guessed but we have never discussed it. This is my private space. With 2 teenagers, it is sometimes difficult to have any private time or thoughts. It seems we have the most important discussions when I am in the shower. Why is that????
6. We seem to take in 2-legged and 4-legged strays!
DS brings home boys that have problems at home and need a haven. We had an extra 'son' during his senior year. There are 2 at the house this month. Both husband and I have worked as counselors in a former life. DS seems to have 'caught' it from us.
DD brings home the 4-legged kind. We have 4 dogs, 1 cat and 3 horses. This is a challenge since we live in a golf course community. When we reached 13 cats, I told her she would have to shut down the rescue mission if she had any plans to go to college, I just could not afford both!
7. The common joke among the folks I work with is that when we retire, we want to be the greeter at WalMart. I think this is becoming a rather popular goal. Well, instead of WalMart, I joke that I am going to be the posture child for Melanoma when I retire. I have had one spot removed from my leg and have a scar in the shape of an x about 2.5 inches square. It was just on the surface of the skin but they still took all the tissue down to the muscle and I will have a very close relationship with my dermatologist for the rest of my life. He is rather cautious and biopsies often. We joke about connecting the dots!!
Well, that is me. Scars and secrets and all.
4 Comments:
I think it'd be great if you learned how to spin! There are great resources online if you'd like to teach yourself, like http://www.icanspin.com/ and the Yahoo! Group Spindlers. Email me if you'd like to know more.
Interesting facts Peggy! For the record Valerie (costume chick) tagged me too but I did this meme back in March!! So thanks for the tag but I'm not interesting enough for FOURTEEN facts! :)
Actually at least 10 people have re-tagged me for this meme in the last 2 weeks - I know it's on all the blogs so they can't remember who has and who hasn't - FKD has :)
PS - Please go check the FPS blog and let us know what your plans are PLEASE!!! (also email me you addy if you will be so kind!)
Thanks Peggy!
This was so interesting to read through - thanks for sharing! I'm so sorry that you had to battle skin cancer - I used to be heavily into roasting in the sun and tanning till I looked like a grilled frog - until I had a melanoma removed on a part of my body that's never seen the sun before. This made me think big time, and though it still took a while, I'm certainly taking big care now when it comes to sunrays and basically spend my summer in the shadows - people really have to be told to be much, much more cautios when it comes to the sun! All the very best to you!
Oh, and thanks for tagging me - I've already done this meme a couple entries ago ;)
hi! There must be a way to have a light go on or something when you get a comment on an earlier than the latest blog entry. I almost missed the tag for the "Seven Things" meme. I will have to think about this, since I am not sure I know seven people with blogs who won't send the cavalry after me if I tag them.
Loved the waltz through the sock yarn. I don't know if I have enough for 50 pairs, but considering I don't even have socks on the needles right now, I definitely have too much!
Post a Comment
<< Home