What do you pack?
Family situations required a trip to New Bern, NC. I thought that we were going to need to go the week before Easter while we were on spring break. The first thoughts that go through a knitter's mind are: What project will I take and are there any yarn shops. Of course it will be THE shawl. I had heard that there is a great yarn hop in New Bern so I went online to find information. The trip was put off until today, Sunday - shop closed. The weather on the East coast is incredible today and we decided not to go at all - there goes my forced hours in the car with the opportunity to knit!!
We stayed in and I have had some time to work on the "Blob". I have finished tier 15. I think I am going to stop after tier 19. I only have two skeins of the alpaca, my daughter is short and tiny, I think that will be long enough. I have read in blogs that people use interlocking foam squares to block. What are these? Any advice about blogging?
Opal has asked for pictures of our kitten. DD named h










4 Comments:
The kitty is beautiful! I've always used my matress for blocking, so I don't have any advice to offer in that realm. Sorry.
I blocked mine using 2 huge beach towels put on top of the carpet. But you need to squeeze out all the water ... I rolled it with another towel. I knitted 23 tiers and with blocking it is 64 inches long ... I think my gauge is a bit tighter than that of the pattern.
You cat is really cute ... her head is so really big ... and the grey heather colour is beautiful!
The interlocking foam blocks are the type that are used in daycare centers to add cusion to the floor so the kids don't get hurt. They are great for blocking and then come apart easily.
Thank you for the Lilli pictures! She's so lovely! I love the picture where she's looking at the camera. It seems like she's saying "bow down before me human and worship my greatness." Teehee!
Post a Comment
<< Home