Lack of planning gets me again!
Tier 18 is finished and I have begun 19 on the Forest Path Shawl. What exhilaration. I don't think I would have stayed with this project if not for the KAL. I am determined to finish this thing, and soon!
I have finished the Monkey socks. The yarn is the Sophisticated colorway, 50/50 Superwash Merino/Tencel dyed by Susie at To Knit Perchance to Dream. I bought the yarn from her Etsy shop, but her yarn is now available at the Loopy Ewe.
I finished the toe during my lunch hour yesterday, right after picking up two bags of oats. "Oats?" you ask, puzzled. "Yes, dusty, heavy bags of oats." DD has a 2-day horse show coming up this weekend. It takes so much more effort to plan and pack essentials for two horses and all the show gear than it did when both children were toddlers in diapers!!!
In the midst of packing the horse trailer last evening, it hit me. I HAVE NO KNITTING TO TAKE WITH ME!!!!! OH NO!@!@! We finished up around 11:30 and I started scrounging around for something, anything. It is a 5 hour drive there and I will be sitting in the stands for hours. I must have something!!
I had some new sock patterns in mind but none of my sock yarn I want to use for these are wound, I could bring some and try to wind it in the truck but that is not very appealing. I finally dug out some that I bought in Dallas this fall and found the patterns I printed off from Socktopia. I also found a pattern for the Tofootsies so I jammed the patterns and yarn in my BIG bag. Forget the compact sock knitting bag, indecision spills over.
I then went in to my closet to start packing my clothes. Priorities, girls, git 'em rite!! I stumbled over a WE
BS package. No, I had not put it in there and forgotten. DD and I have an agreement, I order things for her occasionally if she will hide the evidence from DH. She forgot to tell me that I had received a package but she had dutifully placed it in the closet. The yarn is CROCHET TOO Ty-Dy in color #423 Veranda for the Tie-dyed Boxes T-shirt pattern in Knitter's Magazine.As I searched online for a sample of the colorway, I noticed that serveral online sites have sold out of the yarn. I guess it is a popular pattern, or yarn.
I have copied the pattern, I never work from the original, I have lost too many and learned my lesson the hard way! I have packed needles and optimistically all the yarn. I will not have a chance to swatch but it has an oversized fit and should be rather forgiving.
Now it is time to worry about what food to pack. It's all in the PRIORITIES!










1 Comments:
LOL The first thing I always think of when I leave the house is, "Will I have enough to knit?" It really is all in the priorities!
Post a Comment
<< Home