SSS Busted
Yes, I have worked through the dreaded Second Sock Syndrome. They are Pomatomus designed by the incomparable Cookie. What a designer! I listened to the Lime and Violet podcast today and they talked about some of the latest designs Cookie has displayed on her blog. The comment was made that they would love to get in her head to examine the design process, since it should be a really warm and squishy, wooly place.The yarn is Violet's Pink Ribbon by Lisa Souza.
The yardage in the skein is a gracious plenty, the hand is lovely and soft.
I used my Clover double points, size 2.
I haven't use double points in years, I have preferred using two circular needles. I changed up for some variety and found that the double points are so much easier on my hands. Who would have thunk it!?? I went ahead and bought more in 0, 1, 2, and 3. I am all set.
I have been carrying the socks with me to work. I can sometimes get about 30 minutes at lunch to work on them. That little bit of time here and there adds up!! Socks finished. The weather was great today. I know that everyone in the states has been experiencing this weirdness. We have had a week of several nights of hard freezes. That is very unusual in South Carolina. Then today it was a glorious 75 with a brilliant sun. I went to the park during lunch and soaked up the sun while I finished my socks.
1 Comments:
Your Pomatomus socks look just lovely. I adore Cookie's socks and all of her designs. I really wish I could go to Stitches this week and hit her booth.
Post a Comment
<< Home