Thursday, January 04, 2007

Finally Back and Yes, I Can and Yes I Did!

Did what? you ask. Well, I know it has been forever since I blogged. I did finish the four planned Christmas projects including the shawl for my mom. The shawl pin I ordered from Patternworks even came in time.

This was blocking on Christmas Eve. I finished earlier in the week but blocking space is hard to come by with the hoard of teenagers that descended on us.

The yarn is Ruby Zyphr wool-silk.
The needle: si
ze 5 Knit Picks Options.
The pattern: Knit Picks Rectangular Cover Shawl.


I was never able to memorize the pattern but I was able to notice when I made a mistake and knew what the fix should be. it became very monotonous. I didn't think that I would tackle a rectangular shawl any time soon and then came along a new KAL. More about that later.

I also finished another Shedir. This one in a dove gray. The photos came out very blurred. You know what that infamous pattern looks like and I have already shown pictures of the pink that I finished earlier so I feel safe in not showing pictures.

I finished the alpaca sweater for my nephew. This is pre-blocking. It is very soft but very heavy. It should keep him verrrrry warm. The yarn was Peruvian sierra Aran from Elann.com, in Mallard. I miscalculated how much yarn I would need and I have enough to make another sweater this size!!!!!! I am thinking that eventually I will make a scarf, or two. Meanwhile, it has be regulated back to the stash.

This is another terrible picture. It rained most of our vacation and I could not catch any natural light. There has been much blogging during this New Year about working on photography. I know I should but would rather spend my limited free time on knitting!!!!

More tomorrow on new projects and new KAL.

2 Comments:

Blogger Opal said...

Yay! You finished the shawl! I just knew you could do it. It's absolutely gorgeous. The sweater is very handsome as well. I'm looking forward to hearing about the new KAL.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Agnes said...

Your ruby stole is gorgeous! I would be using the same yarn for the Forest Path Stole. :)

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home