Monday, February 12, 2007

Back on Track

I spent a rather knitty weekend. When I sat down Friday evening to cast on for the Forest Path shawl, I realized I did not have the needles I needed. As long as I had been anticipating this, how did that happen???? Anyway, I started sock 2 of the P---- sock.

Saturday, DH drove me to a new yarn shop to purchase needles, new to me. We live in a tourist community. Our home is 14 miles from the ocean and it is rather normal. The closer to the ocean, the more touristy. We have two yarn shops, one on the north end of the Grand Strand and one at the south end. The north end shop is near a school that I have to visit occasionally for work so I am able to stop in and browse. I never get to visit the shop on the south end so that is where we headed Sat. What a treat!!! I will need to go there again this spring or summer without DH so that I can truly browse and enjoy the shop and it's location. Island Knits
is located in a group of shops in Pawley's Island, SC. The shops are located around a swash. Walkways cross over the water which is filled with ducks and swans and some other unidentified fowl. There are rocking chairs and other seating areas strategically located for husbands and tired feet. I want to go back in the spring to sit outside and enjoy the location.

The shop itself is a little dark inside but has a nice variety of yarn and notions. I foundd the circular needles I needed and a skein of Colinette Jitterbug Toscano jumped into my bag! I have been looking at it online and never guessed there was a local source. It is more green in real life. Why is it my most recent sock yarn is always my favorite. The previous favorite now languishes in my yarn basket.

Our kitten seems to like it also! She has begun to discover my yarns and carries them around the house!!! Not good and we had several discussion this weekend. Especially when she made off with my alpaca for the Forest Path shawl and chewed through the yarn!!

I do not have my camera with me but I have finished the border and the first triangles for the shawl. I can't wait to start the next row. I hope to have some time tonight. My job have become very stressful and it is spilling over into the evening hours. Time without knitting or any time to myself makes me grumpy!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Opal said...

I'm glad to hear you had such a lovely time this weekend, but I'm so sorry to hear about your FPS! I hope it was easily repairable. And I do hope work lets up so you can have more knitting time. You need your therapy!

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home