Do you dance?
(Editted Post with an apology)
I finished a Jitterbug sock last night. I had a good bit of knitting time on Sunday and Monday night.
The horse show season has begun. We drove around 80 miles Sunday at the crack of dawn to a jumper show in NC. I got a good bit of knitting done along the way. Even though we were interrupted by a flat tire on the truck. Thank goodness it was not on the horse trailer!!!! We were on a 4 lane highway. I can't imagine having to unload the horses on the side of the road with the traffic whizzing by. The weather was very warm but there was a cold front moving in and the wind was bad. Horses do NOT like wind. They expect boogers to jump out of the trees. The show went well. DD scratched some classes which was a good thing. We had just loaded up when it began to rain.
I got to the toes of the sock and carried it with me to the City Council meeting la
st night. We live in a golf course community next to a University. We are on the outside ring. The owner of the 60 acres of woodland behind our house has asked that the land be rezoned for high density residential (read college student apartments). The home owners came out and blocked this attempt. I am sure that it is not over, however, I would rather have this property used for commercial purposes rather than college housing. It might be nice to have a restaurant back there!!!Anyway, I was able to finish the toe during the meeting and cast on for sock 2. I don't really enjoy a plain stockinette knit, however, the color in this hand dye is fun. The rumor is that the yardage is skimpy and I don't think I have enough to knit a pattern stitch.
DH had a late meeting so I picked up my needles when I got home and worked uninterrupted on the Forest Path Shawl. I was not very successful. I do not know what it was but I seemed to have to frog much more than I knit. I finally finished tier two and turned. I am going to give it a try tonight after I hem a pair of trousers for DH.
Wow, I just reread this post a week later and can not believe the errors. Would you believe I have a PhD and write often in my job!!! I have to much more careful in editing my posts. This one was really embarrassing.
1 Comments:
We are facing s proposal for a 150000 sq ft Lowe's that wants to build on wetlands adjacent to our property. I am pretty distressed about having them for neighbors. We are trying to fight the proposal, but if it passes the wetlands issue we are told our chances are not good.
Post a Comment
<< Home