DO YOU SEE IT!!!!
I began knitting this shawl for my mother either late September or early October. I blogged on October 2 and showed the beginning border and set up for the lace. It is the Rectangular Cover Shawl from Knit Picks. I had a catalog in my living room and mom admired the shawl. Hmmm, good Christmas idea. The yarn is Zephr wool-silk in Ruby and I am using my new Knit Picks Options needles. The pattern takes 11 repeats of the 48 row pattern. I knew it was going to be a challenge to finish on time but I was game. Then came along Lacevember and I joined thinking it would give me more incentive. There were some detours along the way:
Remember Shedir:
I bought the y
arn while in Dallas on business. I wanted to knit a hat as a gift for DD's riding instructor. Concerned that I might not have enough yarn, I put other WIPs aside and finished Shedir. It is lovely. I loved the yarn I used and I loved the pattern. The directions are exceptionally clear and the design is wonderful.Don't you love the crown? It looks like a snowflake.

I have yarn to make two more, gray for DD and a forest green for me.
Next road bump:
DH's secretary asked me to knit some gifts for the Christmas luncheon. Last year I sent some scarfs knit from novelty yarn. I am bored with those and wanted to do something
different. Knit Picks has a hat pattern knit vertically with short rows, Vertigo. You start with a provisional caston and then I did a 3 needle bindoff and BAM - it's done. I knit them using the colors of the two rival state universities in SC. DS saw them while home at Thanksgiving. Since he attends one of those universities, he requested one for himself. I have knit 4 and am calling it quits!!Timer is Counting Down!
Well, the timer on my website is counting down, Lacevember is ending, I still have not finished the shawl for mom. I took a picture Wednesday to send to Lacevember with the cry of Uncle. Upon viewing the picture, I noticed a HOLE!! A HUGE GAPING HOLE. A HUGE GAPPING HOLE NEAR THE BEGINNING!!!!!

What to do???? I was half way done. Just finishing the first skein of yarn. I considered ignoring it. I had to look at the picture to even locate it on the shawl. Maybe no one else would notice. Nope, now that I know where it is, it LEAPS out at me.
I thought about trying to mend it. In Lace, nope, just to improbable that it would look decent when finished.
Sooooooo, I frogged.
Life lines, not a one.
I am back to repeat two.
Is there any hope of finishing for christmas??????
3 Comments:
Oh no! Still, I believe there's hope!
Vertical is a great hat for teenage boys!!!! Usually they don't enjoy the hats grandmother makes them....this they might like.
{{hug}}
I totally feel for you and kudos for having the balls to frog. You'd always notice that hole anyway so definately a wise move.
I think you can totally finish by Christmas. Now stop surfing and GO KNIT!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home