Life is Returning to Normal
Is that ever possible, a normal life? Mine just seems to twirl around me and sometimes become a hurricane. The guests are gone, the paperwork seems to have been completed and we have begun the part of our lives we will refer to as "after dad died". Mom seems to be OK. After 56 years of marriage and never having lived on her own, it will be a journey. I have begun to breathe at work after several marathon work sessions. DD brought fast food to my office and husband came over from the other side of the building and we at least ate together a couple of times.
I have finished the front and back of the sweater and I have 10" finished on the sleeves. When I was working on my Ph.D., the professors kept warning us about becoming ABD's all but disseration. I fall in that category when it comes to sweaters - ABS - all but the sleeves. They are boring and stretch on forever. I generally knit them at the same time, otherwise I would have one done and resist the other and the other reason is so that the increases will match. Maybe the next time I knit, I should start with the sleeves, then the back and leave the front for last. Hmmmmm.
DD has left for a 3-day horse show 5 hours from home. I will drive up to join her Friday evening. My role is prescribed. I carry the blue bag that has the necessaries, video camera, keep track of points, collect ribbons (hopefully) and knit. I hope to finish these darn sleeves by Monday!!!
It seems like blogs are much more interesting when people knit socks, they have more to share!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home