Thursday, July 13, 2006

Knitting Again!!

I am finally knitting again! The brace is off and the wrist feels so much better. Just a little stiffness. Now if I can just regain the knitting passion. My Muse has left.

1. I was out of town this week for business. I meant to take my lace project. The additional skein of Sea Silk came while I was wearing my brace and I hoped to get some work done on the border on the Print O' the Waves Stole. I got to my hotel, unpacked my knitting bag and realized I had left the additional skein of yarn at home!!!!!

2. There are two yarn stores in Columbia, SC area. The first one I went to was in Lexington, SC. After a two week hiatus, I was afraid to go in, I felt a binge coming on. Would you believe I did not buy a thing!!! I did not have a project in mind. I am thinking about an Aran sweater in a Japanese knitting magazine I ordered from YesAsia.com. I have not selected the pattern so I really have no idea of yardage but might come close if I found something I liked. Well, think again. The store was arranged by color. It was very aesthetically pleasing but it is not the way I shop. For example, there was a box of rose yarns of all types, thicknesses and fiber. I left without even purchasing a set of needles.

3. The second store is only open on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. It was Tuesday. No luck there.

4. I did have a sock with me. This is a second sock that I blogged about on June 1st. It is still not finished and has brought me an understanding of the second sock syndrome. I have finally turned the heel, finished the gusset and I am on my way tot he toes.

5. I am rather disappointed with the Amazing Lace Race.
It is not at all what I expected. I am new to knitting lace. I was really looking forward to seeing what others were doing and learning from them. I wanted to discover new ideas and techniques. The challenges have been very creative, the submissions have been amazing but they could have been about anuthing, not necessarily knitting lace. Reading the blogs has been great fun.

6. I think I am going to ditch eveything I am working on and see if something new with recharge my passion. I am late on two baby gifts. Elann has a pttern for a circular baby sweater posted today. I think maybe I will try this.

3 Comments:

Blogger Opal said...

I'm so glad your knitting again! I know how hard it must have been not to. I've love interest in the Amazing Lace Race myself. I finished my project for it and I can't seem to get into the assignments. It is nice to see what other people come up with though!

2:04 AM  
Blogger Pat K said...

Hello! I'm visiting you as part of the "pit stop" of Amazing Lace. Your knits look really super! I'm glad this "assignment" got me out to meet others as I am seeing some really nice knitting and blogs now. Hope your tendonitis keeps improving.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Hi, I'm just checking in for the amazing lace "pit stop". You've certainly chosen a fantastic lace project. The "print of the waves" pattern is really lovely. Take it slow as you recover from tendonitis. Lately, I've been finishing lace projects quickly (for me, which isn't very fast) but have had some on the needles for years while other things took their turn. My next project will be the Am Kamin sweater from one of the Japanese books.

I'm hoping to post a finished Lotus Blossom Tank for Amazing Lace soon -

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home