Caught Red Pawed!

I finished the ankle socks I have been knitting on forever. I had left the ball of yarn next to my chair and the kitten found it and had a wonderful time. He does not like the skeins of yarn, they must be in a ball in order for him to find them fun.
I began these socks back in May and have finally finished them! The yarn is a Regia cotton in Surf that I purchased from Elann. The pattern is Sunshine Socks by Vicky Jueng. It is a top down pattern on 2 circular needles in 2.50mm. The cuff has a mock cable and folds down. The heel is an Eye of Partridge and the toe is round. I think I am going to really enjoy them this fall. I blogged about them here and here.
As I made myself work on these socks, I came to the conclusion that I am a process- not product knitter. I enjoyed these socks because it was a different yarn than I have used before and the pattern combined many different techniques. Learning/practicing something new and using a new yarn appeal to me. Finishing a product is inconsequential and often something that I have to force myself to do!
It has been so long since I posted, I had a difficult time remembering the website and the password to use for the update. I thought I had everything on a document on my hard drive but I could not find it. I have too many accounts. I have been trying to use the same password but many of them are at work and I do not always have the opportunity to choose my own passwords. I will need to try to post more often so I don't forget again!!!
I have finished the edging on the two ends and one long side of the Print O Waves shawl. I am having to force myself to work on this. Since the interest in the process has passed, I am really struggling to finish. I had to order another skein to finish, I have a bit of money in this thing and guess I really do need to finish.
I hope to have more to update by the end of the week.
2 Comments:
Welcome back! My inability to remember passwords is not related to time away, just mommy mush brain!
I've always been much more of a process knitting myself too.
Your cat is absolutely adorable!
Post a Comment
<< Home