Needling Along or Slow and Unsteady
Isn't it interesting how much time we spend in planning and writting blogs. I guess this is becoming the journaling of our current day. In my case, it is almost as annoynomous. As we plan our page and type, we hope someone will view the page and be interested in our life. But if not, the conteplative process itself is rather rewarding.Knitting has been rather slow this past week. Soccer season is still on. I taught two graduate classes at night in addition to my full time job, and the competitve horse show circuit has begun. However, I do have one finished set of socks to share. They are a basketweave pattern in Opal. This was a sock of the month from Fiber, Nooks and Crannys. I am enjoying the club. I tend to use patterned yarn to knit just plain socks. The different patterns they include allow me to see the possibilities of textures and pattern along with the color. I don't think I will continue forever, however, it is currently stretching my eye.

I am down to the decreases in the toes on one of the Cascading Leaves sock. This is the Fleece Artist yarn I am so in love with. The colors are saturated. The changes in color too short to pool. The yarn has a springy texture and feels like it will be a dream to wear.I carry this with me and pull it out at stop lights and those short periods of time when I can knit but can't concentrate.
The stole is coming along, sloooowly. I am more comfortable with the pattern but find I must count on every wrong row as I occassionally forget a YO. This is the project I work on in the evenings, however, I have found myself nodding off while working on it. Last week was reeeeealy long.

I am glad I decided to alternate the yarns. There is too much difference between the two. I had thought I might do the center panel in one and then use the other in the outter pattern. This will work better.
I have learned to place lifelines at the end of each repeat. I have not had to use one yet. Just about the time I get lazy and don't put one in I am sure I will have to frog so I am not taking any chances!!!
2 Comments:
Ooh that Fleece Artist yarn looks delicious!
Is that Fleece Artist? What color/type? I just finished a sweater in kasula/autumn colorway.
I love the lace stitch you have going here and would love to know more about it. It reminds me of Madli's shawl a bit, but I can't tell.
Jeanette
Post a Comment
<< Home