A Season Behind

I am always a season behind. Whether it is in my knitting or in my wardrobe. I ran to the mall this weekend and bought winter clothes on sale. It was 80 degrees outside. DH was driving and I was knitting on the way. A project new to the blog: Emma. This is a cabled cardigan from the Araucania Collection, Book 1, by Jenny Watson, knit in Araucania Nature Wool Chunky on size 10 needles. I had purchased the yarn last year with the plan to knit an Urban Aran Cardigan. When I brought out the pattern this week, it just didn't speak to me anymore. I think I have too many curves to wear such a linear pattern. This cardigan is just flying off the needles. I doubt I get to wear it this season but I am intent on finishing.
You can see that I began knitting using one skein at a time. The third skein was very light and I did not want to have such a large difference in the color block so I have started alternating skeins of yarn every other row. This does seem to work better with the kettle dyed yarn.
I am now to the armholes. Rather than steek and continue in the round, I have begun knitting back and forth. I am still alternating skeins but now it is every two rows. It still seems to be working.

I wore the Shawl Collared Vest on Friday. I enjoyed the silk/wool blend. I think vests are going to be very useful in this new job. However, the button loops just don't work well. I think I will insert a zipper before next winter. This was a good knit. The DVD was very helpful and I learned many useful techniques. This was the first time I cut steeks and also knit a an i-cord bindoff to join the shoulders. If I knit it again I think I will make it a little shorter.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home