Vanilla Comfort

I love to use scented liquid soap in the shower but there are times that I just want something with no scent. It is almost like there is too much stimulation in my life and the scented soap is too much. At hose times, I reach for vanilla or unscented soap.
I have found that I need to have some vanilla knitting available. I have had this Regia in the stash for a number of years. It is just the ticket for right now. I have been sick for two weeks and work has been very busy. I have not done much gift shopping and absolutely no decorating. I just can't deal with the details. I hope I kick this soon. I feel exhausted and unable to deal with anything.
Enough whining. Let me instead share a blessing. A favorite teacher of our children is in a second marriage. She has 3 teenagers from the first marriage. Her current husband has no children and she wanted to give him a son. Her tubes had been tied. Surgery was not successful in reversing the condition.
Her mother had died when she was 7 and she was raised by an aunt for a number of years. At the beginning of this process, she told her aunt that she knew she was going to have a son, she had dreamed that she and her cousin were pregnant at the same time. The cousin had only been married for 3 months at the time of the dream and she did not realize that she was pregnant but shortly after had a miscarriage. After a couple of attempts at invitro, the teacher became pregnant with twins and her cousin was pregnant again.
On Thursday, they both delivered. Not only were they pregnant at the same time, they delivered within 2 hours of each other. Our teacher had twin boys and her cousin had a girl. The twins were 6 w
eeks early and weighed 6.6 and 6.9. Everyone is healthy! The teacher's aunt is estatic. Can you imagine their Christmas with 3 new babies!I guess I had better get knitting. I started a pair of Get Ziggys in blue Berroco Comfort yarn. (Ravelry link) I started with the backs and sleeves, again some 'vanilla' knitting. I have one front almost done and just am not ready to knit on the cabled fronts. Maybe later this week after I am a little more rested.
Meanwhile, I started another sock. I decided on
Ornette for some of the Malabrigo Sock. (Ravelry link.) This appeared to be a rather intricate pattern but it only has about 12 stitches each row that are difficult and the rest follow a rather simple pattern. The variation in the color of the yarn is rather subtle and I think this will show off the pattern well.We are out of school for the next two weeks. I am hoping to get caught up on sleep and some knitting!!










2 Comments:
I love reading your blog! I finally finished my first knit scarf (took me 5 months!) and now I've done about 5 knitted Trivits (even tho the pattern calls them dishcloths) which involved increasing and decreasing for the first time. Now I am thinking of trying socks. You have been very inspiring! Thank you!
That is wonderful news about the babies! What an amazing story. Sorry you aren't feeling well. I do hope your kick whatever it is in time for the holidays. I myself have done no decorating and I haven't even been sick. I absolutely love that Malabrgio sock yarn you got. It is gorgeous!
Post a Comment
<< Home