Weather - Please cooperate!
I have wanted to take pictures for the last two weeks but just have had no luck. With the time change, the fall light just isn't very bright. Add to that several days of drizzle and photos are just yucky. I finally gave in and too photos any way. I apologize for the poor quality.

I finished DD's Tall boot socks in the Crystal Palace Yarns Panda Silk Print. I love this yarn. It feels very warm but the silk makes it super soft. I bought some gray for myself and look forward to eventually knitting a pair for me. She tried them on last weekend and they are still about an inch shorter than she would like. I guess I will increase the ribbing. These suckers seem to go on forever.
I started socks number two. This set is out of Koigu in a dark burgundy. The yarn has tones of pink through a deep burgundy. I flew to Phoenix to a conference and finished the silk print, the first of the Koigu and half of the se
cond during the trip and the conference. My boss and I sat down in a session and noticed that the woman in front of us was knitting. We engaged her in conversation and she mentioned that it helped her to concentrate. I didn't pay her to pay my boss that, really!!! She also has an Equestrian college daughter. My boss commented on our similarities.
I started another project to fill in between knitting socks. The socks get rather boring. It is the Ring of Lace Wrap by Jackie Erickson-Schweitzer of HeartStrings Fiber Arts. The yarn is Schaefer Yarn Company Andrea in Elena Piscopia. It is a very easy lace pattern but I have had a difficult time getting the color to pool correctly. The pattern recommends a 2.25 size needle. After 5 starts, I finally followed the designer's directions for determining the needle size. I have moved to a 5 but I am wondering if a 6 would not be even better. I am very surprised at the discrepancy in needle size.

I have been very lax is my blogging lately. I think some of that has to do with the lack of comments. I do blog for myself but I would enjoy some feedback. You wonder if anyone out there is reading. You can imagine my surprise when I added the Cluster Map and found that people are looking! Wow, thanks!
Happy knitting.
2 Comments:
Good morning,
This is Lynn from IL. I enjoy your blog! It is therapy for me. I am a horse lover and owner,too. Thus, the information on riding/shows is fun for me. I love to knit socks and I especially like the Crystal Palace yarn socks that you made for your daughter. Did I miss mention of pattern for this? Lynn
I am in love with the Kougu yarn color. The pinks and burgundy are right up my ally. I have been wanting to knit up some knee socks for myself but keep putting it off for some reason. Maybe I am waiting for the right pattern to come my way. :-) I think what you have going on in your new lace pattern looks lovely with the way the colors are working up. Are you doing anything in particular to get it to pool the way you want? You know I've been a reader of your blog for awhile now. I generally read and comment first thing in the morning from work. However, my job now blocks me from commenting on blogpost sites. This leaves me to to do this in the evening when I remember or have a little extra time. Just wanted to let you know that I still read your blog!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home